Thursday, September 9, 2010

Introduction




Hello everyone,

My name is Emily and I am new to this class. The fact that we get to blog like this is pretty cool, as I am already really familiar with blogspot. I am a writer although I am also a first-class procrastinator so my writing will sometimes suffer. If I ever do get around to it, you can check out my other blog on here which chronicles my writing journey, Diary of a Mental Patient ;) I am infatuated with horror films and Japanese culture, so anything J-Horror is right up my alley.

I signed up for this class because it sounds amazing and I am a huge vampire geek. Not so much twilight anymore (oh shoot me) but more along the lines of Anne Rice and Bram Stoker. Speaking of, has anyone read Dracula the Un-Dead? It's sitting in my room but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

My favorite novel is a tossup between Water for Elephants and Wuthering Heights. What? They're total opposites? I know but they're both amazing. As for movies, I still love Interview with the Vampire but Sherlock Holmes is right up there with it. This class is just right up my alley so far with all the reading material.

I love a good suspense story, and for some reason I can't get enough of dark or taboo romance novels. And I'm not talking about the cheesy ones with the super muscley guys on the cover in Barnes and Noble.

As a Creative Writing major I've taken a lot of English classes. This is my first one that pertains to vampires but I have taken many mythology classes in the past. As for my knowledge of vampires, it's all over. I have multiple vampire books lying around my room both fictional and mythology. I know a little bit about vampire lore from different parts of the world. Of course I have read and love Dracula and The Vampire Chronicles as well as the twilight series and I find it very interesting how society views vampires as both sexy and deadly. It's kind of like the bad-boy (or bad-girl!) stereotype.

One place I would love to visit in my lifetime would be Tokyo, but more specifically Tokyo Disneyland! It just looks amazingly awesome.


I frequently visit http://www.fanfiction.net/ both to write and to read fanfiction stories. Mostly anime/manga stories although I love a good videogame fic as well. Also, here is my Deviant Art which is the other site I frequent: http://alchemy-angel.deviantart.com/ This feels too much like spamming so I'm going to stop now. :P

Back on track! While I prefer a good ghost story to a vampire novel in most cases, vampires are still very near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment